Cape Air Cargo offers an easy and convenient air freight connection between Hyannis and Nantucket. For cargo service inquiries please call 508-771-9609.
Barnstable Municipal Airport offers free curbside parking for active loading and unloading by air freight customers.
Additionally, the Barnstable Municipal Airport offers free parking for up to 30 minutes in the terminal parking lot. Nantucket Memorial Airport offers free parking for short term visits.
Air cargo is accepted at the Cape Air/Nantucket Airlines counters at Barnstable Municipal Airport (HYA) and Nantucket Memorial Airport (ACK) between 7:00 am and 5:30 pm daily.
- We have multiple flights daily between Hyannis and Nantucket. Cargo will be transported on the next flight with available space.
- A dedicated cargo flight is available Monday - Saturday. On Sundays, cargo is accommodated in the baggage hold of our passenger aircraft.
- Flights operate weather permitting.
- Packages: the greater of:
99¢ per lb., with a package minimum of $25, or
Dimensional minimum: Length X Width X Height (all in inches) ÷ 133 X $1.00 =
Example: A framed picture weighing 10 lbs and measuring 64” X 32” X 3” = 6,144 inches3, ÷ 133 = 46.20 X $1.00 =$46.20.
- Flat envelope: $15
- Bicycle box: $99. Bike box service is only available on Hyannis - Nantucket.
- Storage fee: Over 48 hours after receipt at the destination, each day or part thereof incurs a storage fee of $10/day.
- While awaiting flight or pick-up, cargo will be stored in a secure storage space in each terminal.
- We do not provide packaging. Cargo must be packaged prior to processing at the airport
- Method of payment: cash or credit card only.
- High-volume, repeat shippers may apply for company credit that permits invoicing by Cape Air
- Maximum item weight: 70 lbs.
- Refrigeration capability is not available during storage, handling or flight
- Seafood: To prevent leaks, seafood must be exquisitely packaged. Seafood packages are accepted at the discretion of the Cape Air agent, using strict scrutiny. To increase the likelihood that a package of seafood is accepted as freight, ensure that the outside of containers and/or packaging is clean and dry. Ensure that the package does not become wet or dirty in the delivery vehicle en route to the airport.
- Bicycles: Accepted on Hyannis - Nantucket only. Only accepted when packaged in a bike box. In Hyannis, a bicycle shop named Bike Zone, located ¼ mile from the Barnstable Municipal Airport, offers bicycle boxing services: Bike Zone: 323 Barnstable Rd, Hyannis, MA 02601 Phone: 508-775-3299
- Dry ice:
- Only if used as a refrigerant.
- Maximum 2.5 kg (5.5 pounds) of dry ice per package
- Exterior of the package must be marked, "Carbon Dioxide (or CO2) Solid" or "Dry Ice" with an indication that the weight of the dry ice is 2.5 kg (5.5 pounds) or less.
- Exterior of the package must be marked to indicate the contents being cooled
- Breathable container required: Because of the continuous release of CO2 gas, dry ice must not be confined in a sealed container or the container may burst.
WE DO NOT TRANSPORT:
- Live animals
- Bicycles, except as provided above
- Household items that can be dangerous like bleaches, drain cleaners and solvents that contain dangerous chemicals which can cause toxic fumes and corrosion.
- Flammable liquids: fuel, paints, solvents, adhesives, alcoholic beverages higher than 140 proof and flammable gases such as lighter refills and camping gas which might leak and cause a fire.
- Fireworks: signal flares and other explosives which might detonate due to their sensitive nature.
- Other hazardous materials: strike-anywhere matches, gasoline-powered tools, spray cans, self-inflating rafts, poisons, infectious substances, mace and pepper spray.